Things to do now:

  • Familiarize yourself with areas of your home most susceptible to freezing, such as basements, crawl spaces, unheated rooms and outside walls.

  • Eliminate sources of cold air near water lines by repairing broken windows, insulating walls, closing off crawl spaces and eliminating drafts near doors.

  • Locate your main water shut-off valve. If a pipe freezes or bursts, shut the water off immediately.

  • Protect your pipes and water meter. Wrap exposed pipes with insulation or use electrical heat tracing wire; newspaper or fabric might also work. For outside meters, keep the lid to the meter pit closed tightly and let any snow that falls cover it. Snow acts as insulation, so don't disturb it.

  • Also, clear snow near fire hydrants near your property.

What to do when temperatures are consistently at or below freezing:

  • If you have pipes that are vulnerable to freezing, allow a small trickle of water to run overnight to keep pipes from freezing. The cost of the extra water is low compared to the cost to repair a broken pipe.

  • Open cabinet doors to expose pipes to warmer room temperatures to help keep them from freezing.

When you are away:

  • Have a friend, relative or neighbor regularly check your property to ensure that the heat is working and the pipes have not frozen.

  • Also, a freeze alarm can be purchased for less than $100 and will call a user-selected phone number if the inside temperature drops below 45 degrees.

To all who attended, volunteered and participated...

You made this year's Tree Lighting Ceremony a very special event!




Arcadia Utilities is implementing a robocall notification system!

This means when the Town of Arcadia is flushing hydrants, has a water boil order (or boil release), emergency notifications or when our Dumpster Day needs advertised, we will have an automated calling system in place to contact you. Your permission is needed to place your telephone number(s) on our notification system therefore we are unable to automatically enroll you.

To enroll in this service, please fill out an Authorization form or email us and we will place your telephone numbers in our database right away. You may have 1 or 2 phone numbers on file for this notification system but no more than 2 phone numbers per service address.

You can sign up by filling out the form at the Arcadia Utilities office (208 W. Main) OR print the form on this post and mail it in with your water payment OR you can email us at arcadiatownhall@gmail.com.

If you choose to email us, in the email please include your;

1. Name

2. Physical Address

3. Arcadia Utilities Account #

4. 1-2 Phone numbers we will use to contact you (including area code).

Please be sure to have all 4 pieces of information in your email. If you do not have all of the information in your email, we cannot use your email for authorization.

266th & US31 Residents Letter to State Officials.pdf


As you may or may not know, the State of Indiana is going to build an Interchange for 276th and US-31. There is a plan to close access to US-31 from 266th Street. The Town of Arcadia is urging its residents to send letters to State Officials requesting them to keep open the access to US-31 from 266th Street.

Attached is a generic letter to rewrite or send as-is.

If you do not have a printer or for those without computer access, copies of this letter have been pre-printed and are available at the Utility office.

Here are the Officials names and addresses to send the letters.

Governor Eric Holcomb

Office of the Governor


Indianapolis, IN 46204-2797

Phone: 317-232-4567

Senator James Buck

200 W. Washington St.

Indianapolis, IN 46204

Phone: 800-382-9467

Representative Tony Cook

200 W. Washington St.

Indianapolis, IN 46204

Phone: 800-382-9841

Representative Victoria Spartz

1523 Longworth House Office Building

Washington, DC 20515

Phone: 202-225-2276

Senator Mike Braun

115 N. Pennsylvania St.

Indianapolis, IN 46204

Phone: 317-822-8240

Senator Todd Young

251 N. Illinois St.

Suite 120

Indianapolis, IN 46204

Phone: 317-226-6700